Arts Research Project Grants
The arts have a role to play in framing interpreting, and solving the pressing challenges of our day. The Arts Research Project Grants provide support for original, independent creative and scholarly research by students in the School of the Arts.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Fall 2018 deadline to come
- All undergraduate and graduate students majoring in the School of the Arts are eligible to apply.
- Students may receive up to $1,200 with additional funds for exhibiting, presenting, performing, or publishing results.
- Students must have a faculty sponsor. If the grant is awarded, the faculty sponsor will receive $300 to assist their research or teaching activities.
- As part of the project, students must include a public component such as a performance, exhibition, screening, or presentation - appropriate to the discipline of the project.
- Proposals will be reviewed by the SOTA Student Advisory Board. They will work with the co-directors to make the final funding decisions
- Special consideration given to projects that relate to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Full guidelines and applications can be found here.
Colin Neukirch, an undergraduate student in Theatre, received a grant in the fall of 2015. Check out his video below!